Ordering Phone Service for 2-Line CapTel
Using 2-line CapTel is an optional service and is not required for your CapTel phone to work properly. You can always use your CapTel phone with just one standard telephone line.
If you choose to use 2-line CapTel:
- Contact your phone service provider to install a second separate phone line with a separate telephone number and jack (if you don’t already have 2 lines). You cannot have one phone line with two extensions, or two lines wired into one phone jack.
- The second line must be a standard analog line (or DSL with an appropriate filter).
- You can keep your home phone number as the primary number and order the second line with basic service. You do not need Caller-ID, long distance service, or call-waiting on the second line.
Give This To The Phone Technician
Print this out and give it to the phone technician helping you. Also available in PDF format.
- The customer you are servicing has purchased a captioned telephone that requires 2 separate phone lines (one of the lines must be analog or DSL with an appropriate filter).
- The 2 lines must be for separate phone numbers, not just an extension of 1 phone number (eg. distinctive ring).
- Each phone line will need its own jack on the wall, labeled with the associated phone number, and located next to each other on a single wall plate so that both lines can be plugged into the bottom of the CapTel phone.
- The customer can keep their existing home phone number as the primary number (Line 1). The second line (analog) only needs basic service. They do not need Caller-ID, long distance, or callwaiting features on the second line (Line 2).
What type of telephone lines can be used for 2-Line CapTel?
If you have questions, please contact CapTel Customer Service.