Designed for people without high speed internet access, the CapTel 840 works with a standard analog telephone line.
Some states offer special equipment programs that provide a CapTel 840 phone at no cost to qualified individuals. See if there is a program in your state. Not available in all states
- Captions are provided by a free service that connects to the call.
- Calls you make are automatically connected to the Captioning Service to provide captions.
- Incoming callers dial the service first, then enter your phone number in order for you to get captions.*
- Built in Answering Machine
- Adjustable font sizes and colors
- Phone book to store frequently called numbers (95+ names)
- Easy access to voice mail and answering machine messages.
- Works just like a standard phone for people who do not need captions.
* If used in 2-Line Mode (optional), callers can dial your phone number directly.
* This model works only in the United States
- Analog telephone line(s).
- Standard electrical power
* People who use digital cable or VOIP telephone service should consider the CapTel 840i which supports these telephone services.
- Captions appear automatically on outgoing calls. For incoming calls, your caller first dials a toll-free captioning service then enters your phone number for the call to connect to you. (Note: for optional 2-Line CapTel users, callers dial your number directly.)
- Built-in Answering Machine takes voice messages with captions
- Large, easy-to-read captions window with adjustable font sizes and colors.
- Display screen tilts for comfortable reading or lies flat to mount the phone on a wall.
- Adjustable volume control (up to 40dB gain) for captioned calls. Volume button is easy to see and adjust during a call.
- One-touch access to CapTel Customer Service (speed dial button automatically connects you to CapTel Help Line).
- Easy-to-follow menu system with Yes/No questions.
- Phone Book allows you to easily store and dial more than 95 names/phone numbers.
- Speed dial keys for one-touch dialing of frequently called numbers.
- Caller-ID capable – shows you who is calling directly on display screen.
- Captions available on calls within the United States only.