Skip to content
CapTel 840/840i/880i: Using an External Speaker with CapTel
CapTel models: 840/840i/880i
- You can plug an external speaker into the 3.5mm audio jack on any CapTel phone to act as a speaker phone.
- An external speaker provides the benefit of binaural sound (allows you to hear audio with both ears), as well as not having to hold the handset to listen to the caller.
- You still need to speak into the CapTel handset, but all audio would be amplified over the external speaker.
- The amplification level depends on the power of the external speaker that you connect.
- Any external speaker that supports a 3.5mm audio jack connection will work (an example is the Logitech Z50 – retails on Amazon.com for $16.95).