Updating your CapTel 800/840 Software
Your CapTel 800/840 can check if any new software updates are available, then update automatically over your telephone line. This means you’ll always be able to take advantage of the latest features & technology as long as you own your phone. You can even set a delay so that the update occurs automatically at a more convenient time (for example, overnight).
Directions (PDF version)
To update your CapTel 800/840 software:
- With the handset hung up, press the YES button to see Options.
- Press the DOWN arrow button repeatedly until Settings is highlighted. Press the YES button to select.
- Press the DOWN arrow button repeatedly until Phone Settings is highlighted. Press the YES button to select.
- Press the DOWN arrow button repeatedly until Update Phone is highlighted. Press the YES button to select.
- Press the YES button to begin updating your phone, or press the NO button to exit.NOTE: You can set the update to begin automatically at a more convenient time. Press the UP arrow button to set up a timed delay. Select when you want the update to begin (in 1 hour, in 2 hours, etc.) using the UP and DOWN arrow buttons. Once a delay has been set, you can continue using your CapTel phone to make/answer calls. This will not disrupt the planned update process.
- Your CapTel phone checks to make sure that your software is up to date. If a new software version is available, your CapTel phone automatically updates to the most current version, then resets itself so you are ready to make calls.