CapTel 840/840i: Knowing When the Phone Line is Already in Use
When the Line in Use feature is on, the CapTel display lets you know when an extension phone, connected to the same telephone number, is being used. This is helpful in environments where there are multiple phones on the same telephone line, to alert you so that you do not accidentally pick up and dial when a different call is already in progress. To join the call in progress, simply pick up the CapTel handset. The call will automatically connect to the Captioning Service, and you will see captions on the CapTel display. The default setting for Line in Use is OFF.
To turn Line in Use on:
1. With the handset hung up, press the YES button to see the Options menu.
2. Press the DOWN arrow button repeatedly until Settings is highlighted. Press the YES button to select.
3. Press the DOWN arrow button to highlight Phone Settings. Press the YES button to select.
4. Press the UP or DOWN arrow button repeatedly until Line in Use is highlighted. Press the YES button to select.
5. Use the DOWN arrow button to highlight Line In Use On. Press the YES button to select.
6. Press the NO button to exit out of the Options menu.
NOTE: When Line in Use is OFF, you cannot join a call in progress by simply picking up the CapTel handset. You must rst press one of the dial pad keys to connect the call to the Captioning Service. Once connected, you will see captions of the call in progress.