CapTel 840i: Setting the Number of Rings Before Answering
You can set the approximate number of times the CapTel will ring before the Answering Machine answers the call. The default setting is four (4) rings, but you can set it to be any number of rings between three and twenty (3–20).
NOTE: The ring count may be slightly different in telephone systems that use “distinctive” ring patterns. Please experiment with this setting as needed for your specific phone system.
To set the number of rings before answering:
1. With the handset hung up, press the YES button to see the Options menu.
2. Press the DOWN arrow button until Answering Machine is highlighted. Press the YES button to select.
3. Press the DOWN arrow button repeatedly until Answering Machine Settings is highlighted. Press the YES button to accept.
4. Check that Answer Ring Count is highlighted. Press the YES button to accept.
5. Use the UP or DOWN arrow buttons to select the number of rings, from 3 rings up to 20 rings. Press the YES button to select.
6. Press the NO button repeatedly to exit.
On incoming calls, your CapTel phone will ring this number of times before the Answering Machine picks up the call.