CapTel 840i: Making Incoming Messages Audible/Silent
Just like with other Answering Machines, you can “screen” callers by having incoming messages played aloud on the CapTel phone for you to hear before you answer the call. While this is a convenient feature, there may be times when you do not want incoming messages to be played aloud, but instead taken silently for you to review at a later time. The default setting is for incoming messages to be muted (silent).
To make incoming calls audible or set them to be silent:
1. With the handset hung up, press the YES button to see the Options menu.
2. Press the DOWN arrow button until Answering Machine is highlighted. Press the YES button to select.
3. Press the DOWN arrow button repeatedly until AnsweringMachine Settings is highlighted. Press the YES button to accept.
4. Press the DOWN arrow button so that Incoming Messages is highlighted. Press the YES button to accept.
5. Press the UP or DOWN arrow button to highlight Incoming Messages Audible or Muted. Press the YES button to accept the setting you want.
Incoming Messages Audible: will play incoming messages aloud on the CapTel phone as the message is being taken for you to listen to/screen as they are recorded.
Incoming Messages Muted: will take incoming messages silently, you will not be able to hear the message as it is being taken. You will be able to listen to and review the message after it has been recorded.