CapTel 2400i: Playing Incoming Messages Aloud/Silent
Just like with other Answering Machines, you can “screen” callers by having incoming messages played aloud on the CapTel phone for before you answer the call. While this is a convenient feature, there may be times when you do not want incoming messages to be played aloud, but instead recorded silently for you to review at a later time. The default setting is for incoming messages to be muted (silent).
To make incoming calls audible or set them to be silent:
1. From the display screen, touch (Settings).
2. Touch (Answering Machine).
3. Touch (External Speaker Off ).
4. The display asks if you want to (turn on) or (turn off ) the answering machine speaker. Touch the option you want.
5. Press HOME (HOME button) to exit.