P: 1-(800) 233-9130Learn More
Braille CapTel Service
CapTel 880iB For use with Braille Display Reader
Braille Captions of Your Telephone Conversations
Braille CapTel is for people with combined vision and hearing loss who also have difficulty hearing over the phone. You connect a dynamic braille display to the CapTel phone, either via Bluetooth or by using an USB cable. Then, the CapTel phone provides word-for-word captions of everything your caller says. If you cannot hear what the caller says, you can read captions of the conversation on the Braille display.
- Braille readers who have difficulty hearing over the phone can read word-for-word captions
- Captions are provided on a dynamic braille display
- Users can read captions at their own speed and can speak directly back to the caller (must speak for themselves, Braille CapTel does not convert their speech into text)
- Scroll through captions using the buttons on the braille device or use auto-scrolling
- Works with headset, neck loop or T-coil for hands free use
Braille CapTel available for English language only.