Updating Your CapTel 800 Software
Your CapTel 800 can check if any new software updates are available, then update automatically over your telephone line. This means youll always be able to take advantage of the latest features & technology as long as you own your phone. You can even set a delay so that the update occurs automatically at a more convenient time (for example, overnight).
Directions (PDF version)
To update your CapTel 800 software:
- With the handset hung up, press the YES button to see Options.
- Press the DOWN arrow button repeatedly until Settings is highlighted. Press the YES button to select.
- Press the DOWN arrow button repeatedly until Phone Settings is highlighted. Press the YES button to select.
- Press the DOWN arrow button repeatedly until Update Phone is highlighted. Press the YES button to select.
- Press the YES button to begin updating your phone, or press the NO button to exit.
NOTE: You can set the update to begin automatically at a more convenient time. Press the UP arrow button to set up a timed delay. Select when you want the update to begin (in 1 hour, in 2 hours, etc.) using the UP and DOWN arrow buttons. Once a delay has been set, you can continue using your CapTel phone to make/answer calls. This will not disrupt the planned update process.
- Your CapTel phone checks to make sure that your software is up to date. If a new software version is available, your CapTel phone automatically updates to the most current version, then resets itself so you are ready to make calls.
Also: Updating Your CapTel 800i Software
You can view this article online at: