Ordering Phone Service for 2-Line CapTel
If you choose to use 2-line CapTel:
- Contact your phone service provider to install a second separate phone line with a separate telephone number and jack (if you don't already have 2 lines). You cannot have one phone line with two extensions, or two lines wired into one phone jack.
- The second line must be a standard analog line (or DSL with an appropriate filter).
- You can keep your home phone number as the primary number and order the second line with basic service. You do not need Caller-ID, long distance service, or call-waiting on the second line.
Give This To The Phone Technician
Print this out and give it to the phone technician helping you. Also available in PDF format.
- The customer you are servicing has purchased a captioned telephone that requires 2 separate phone lines (one of the lines must be analog or DSL with an appropriate filter).
- The 2 lines must be for separate phone numbers, not just an extension of 1 phone number (eg. distinctive ring).
- Each phone line will need its own jack on the wall, labeled with the associated phone number, and located next to each other on a single wall plate so that both lines can be plugged into the bottom of the CapTel phone.
- The customer can keep their existing home phone number as the primary number (Line 1). The second line (analog) only needs basic service. They do not need Caller-ID, long distance, or callwaiting features on the second line (Line 2).
What type of telephone lines can be used for 2-Line CapTel?
If you have questions, please contact CapTel Customer Service.