Be sure of what people say over the phone with the new CapTel 840. This remarkable phone works like any traditional telephone, but it also shows you written captions during your telephone conversations. Can’t quite hear what they say? Just check the captions!
- Captions are provided by a free service that connects to the call.
- Calls you make are automatically connected to the Captioning Service to provide captions.
- Incoming callers dial the service first, then enter your phone number in order for you to get captions.*
- Built in Answering Machine
- Adjustable font sizes and colors
- Phone book to store frequently called numbers (95+ names)
- Easy access to voice mail and answering machine messages.
- Works just like a standard phone for people who do not need captions.
* If used in 2-Line Mode (optional), callers can dial your phone number directly.
- Analog telephone line(s).
- Standard electrical power
* People who use digital cable or VOIP telephone service should consider the CapTel 840i which supports these telephone services.
- Captions appear automatically on all calls – incoming and outgoing. No need for callers to dial through the Captioning Service.
- Wi-Fi compatible to position anywhere within your wireless network range
- Captions can be turned on or off at any time in a call.
- Built-in Answering Machine takes voice messages with captions
- Large, easy-to-read captions window with adjustable font sizes and colors.
- Display screen tilts for comfortable reading or lies flat to mount the phone on a wall.
- Adjustable volume control (up to 40dB gain) for captioned calls. Volume button is easy to see and adjust during a call.
- One-touch access to CapTel Customer Service (speed dial button automatically connects you to CapTel Help Line).
- Easy-to-follow menu system with Yes/No questions.
- Phone Book allows you to easily store and dial more than 95 names/phone numbers.
- Speed dial keys for one-touch dialing of frequently called numbers.
- Caller-ID capable – shows you who is calling directly on display screen.
- Captions available on calls within the United States only.